Monday 9 January 2012

Family Values

I'm lucky enough to be blessed with a creative family. All my close family do something creative for a living, from drawing, painting, cooking, ceramics, printing and stitching, and I feel very privileged to be a part of it all.
Today, as a token of love and admiration, I am celebrating my mum - who is the most amazing mum in the world. Not only that but she is a very talented artist and designer, previously a commercial full time designer, now lecturer and artisan on the side, her talents see no bounds.
Most recently, she has invested her time in Etsy, and today I am celebrating my top 3 favourites from her Etsy sites, ones that mean something to me, and other that I think are just damn pretty!! Enjoy…..

in 3rd place: Psychedelia



I've often thought my Mum has obsessive compulsive order, and have always been jealous of this.  She hand drew all the lines on this with her trusty favourite fine liner pen and patiently filled in all the colours by hand.. nutter!  No screens involved.  Ouch!  sore hand, pretty result though so totally worth it!

In at 2nd place: Textile Art



Tiny little illustration, also from her time at college, this little beauty is only 11 x 16 cm...tiny little thing!!  I love the bright clashing colours and multiple circle details, it looks like a cross section of a cell or some DNA.  Very intricate and lovely.

My favourite find, at number 1: Japan Stream


See I told you, OCD...  the original of this is about 1 meter square (massive) and was all hand drawn with a felt tip biro and the trustly fineliner! (can you see a pattern forming here.... no pun intended)  Now that its been scaled down to standard gift card size, I still think this weaving and deepsea like pattern are as strong as they were when it was the large original.  I love black and white, the colours collide so well together.  Thanks for the eye candy mum, I'm off to find a fineliner and some crisp white card....

All items can be purchased through etsy at the below shop link:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/RedRoadDesign

happy shopping! xx

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous surprise! I'm really touched and feeling over the moon! Love you loads!! xxx

    ReplyDelete